Facebook tip - Put in your maiden name, another of my "Pat Tricks"
Want to be found on Facebook by old friends who knew you by your maiden name?
Here's the undocumented trick:
- On the top of your Facebook page, click Profile
- RIght under your name at the top, click Info
- Put your cursor in the box under the second chunk of information where it says Personal Information
- On the right, a little blue box appears that says Edit
- Click the Edit button, and a bunch of text boxes appear
- Put your maiden name in the About me field
- Click Save Changes at the bottom
- It takes a while for the Facebook search engine to discover it, but pretty soon you'll be able to find yourself using your first name and maiden name
You can use the same technique to
- put in common misspellings of your name
- put in nicknames
Cool, huh? Pass it on to others ...
For monthly Facebook tips
For a sample of our computer training and keynote speaking