|For monthly Social Media tips|
Facebook virus on Windows PC?:
You tried some Facebook application, didn't you...
- See who has been looking at your profile, since it's probably your dream girl or dream guy?
- Which 90210 character are you?
Facebook will actually warn you that there is a possibility that any Facebook application can give you a computer virus (if you have a Windows PC), but most people don't read that part, and most hackers know that.
Blame Bill Gates, who left you vulnerable to this.
Microsoft Windows can easily be hacked, which is why there are dozens of companies (AVG, Avast, Norton, MacAfee, Kaspersky, etc) that make anti-virus software and anti-malware software in an attempt to plug some of the holes. However, no one makes any guarantees.
Gates made $80 billion, but never fixed this problem, and its going to cost you time and money. Next time you see him, slap him in the head.
Here is what you have to do to to try to get rid of it
Unfortunately, and it will be time consuming and may be very costly:
- get some Anti-Virus software
- you can get AVG or Avast for free
- do a full virus scan and hope and pray
- if that doesn't work, you may have to get
- Malware cleaners,
- Registry cleaners,
- and more
- If that doesn't work, you may have to do a full rebuild (which you can do by bringing the machine to Best Buy or some computer dealer, and can cost $200-300), and more.
- Ultimately, Microsoft wants you to buy a new machine
Or buy a Mac and get back to work and fun.
Social Media Training Demo video: