LG8300 phone tip about recording voice memos
You can record voice memos from your LG8300 phone easily. For instance, if you
· Get an idea
· Hear about a party, restaurant, concert, etc
· Actually remember a girls name for a minute after you meet her and want to make sure you don't forget it
and you want to record a memo for later, here's what you do:
· There is a button on the left hand side of your phone right under the volume buttons
§ You probably use it to shut off the ringer if you get a phone call and you want the phone to stop ringing
§ Or you use it to light up the phone so you can see the time
· If you open your phone, and hold that button for over 2 seconds, the magic begins
· The phone says "Press OK to start recording"
· You can now record until you hit the OK button to STOP recording
· The voice memo goes into your "My Sounds" directory
· Here's how to find the file
§ From the MENU button, i.e. the OK button after you hit END
· Click left twice to get to GET IT NOW
· Hit #1 to get to "Get Tunes & Tones"
· Hit #5 to get to "My Sounds"
· There will be a file with a name based on today's date and time, so if it is October 4th, 2007 at 2:03 in the afternoon, the file will be called
o 1004071403 for 10/04/07 and 2:03 military time
· If you look at the bottom of the screen,
o the left button allows you to Play it back
§ note that you may have to turn up the volume to hear it
o the OK key allows you to send it as an email
§ ask me if you want more info about this
the right button allows you Options, like Erasing it, or sending
· Note: the maximum voice memo size is 1 minute, but you can create as many as you want
· Pretty cool, and in less than two minutes, right?
www.patrickomalley.com - Custom Computer Training, see sample video (website under development, but it does have some great content)