|For monthly Social media tips|
Linkedin training tip - get introduced through a connection
- If they are a 2nd level connection, and you are looking at their profile, in the upper right hand corner, it should say
- Send InMail
- Get introduced through a connection
- Add Jerry to your network
- Click the middle one, and pick a person that should pass the introduction on
- Note - sometimes the line isn't there, and I'm not sure why
- It may be because they have set up their profile to indicate that they are not accepting introductions
- If you are looking at a set of search results, hover the mouse over one of the results, and in the upper right hand corner, a link will appear that will say "Get introduced"
- this technique appears to work more often
- if you have 4 mutual connections, it will allow you to choose the connection you want to be introducted through
More details on why I prefer a phone call:
Note that I don't like the "LinkedIn introduction" approach. If someone is a 2nd level connection, I think that you should call the mutual friend on the phone and ask to be introduced, rather than going through the LinkedIn introduction sequence, which requires the following
- send the introduction
- wait for the "shared connection" to get it
- hope they can figure it out (since it is somewhat confusing)
- have them pass it on
- have the target person respond
The pony express was faster.
My LinkedIn keynote demo video:
- I do NOT work for LinkedIn Corporation, and am not affiliated with LinkedIn Corporation in any way.
- LinkedIn is not spelled Linked In