How to make a black, negative of a picture so that you can see it, blink, and original appears
The original, viral negative that allows you to see a picture
Here was the original picture with the original instructions:
- Stare at the red dot on the girl’s nose for 30 seconds
- Turn your eyes toward the wall/roof or somewhere else on a plain surface
- Blink your eyes quickly
- What can you see?
You probably see Beyonce, but that's because you've been drinking. Its actually a professional model named Deepika Padukone. The actual picture is here:
How you can make a negative of a picture and get the same effect if people blink:
- Make a copy of an existing file
- Right click on the file
- Open with Paint
- In Paint for Windows 7, its really convoluted
- Click the down arrow under Select, just above the picture
- In the drop down, click “Select All”
- Now right click on the picture, and at the bottom, click “Invert Color”
- Save the file
- in Paint for Windows XP,
- its actually similar, but it can be easier just because there is a Menu Bar item called “Image” that allows you to “Invert Colors”
- or you can actually do a <ctrl/I>
Now try this with one of your pictures. It doesn't work well with every picture, and seems to work best with pictures with light backgrounds that have a person with dark features, especially dark hair.
If you make a good one, post it online or on Facebook, send me an email or put the URL in the comments so that other people can see it.
If I get enough emails or comments requesting it, I’ll create a blog entry that shows how you could have figured who the picture was, with some cool tricks.
A test - who is this?
|For monthly Social Media tips|
My Social Media keynote demo video: