1st Place Winner!
National Speakers Association's
"Rising Star 2012"
Professional Speaking Competition
Click professional speaker videos for more
Hurricane survival tips with your smartphone from social networking consultant (617)-PATRICK, Boston, Nov 2012, with NECN Rock Star Steve Aveson
What can you do to prepare for a hurricane (like Sandy in 2012). Ideas include:
- Get a "mobile power plant", called an extended battery, to charge your phone
- get copies of all critical numbers and contacts everywhere
- on paper
- in your phone
Here is my interview on NECN, New England's Cable News TV station.
For reference, the products like the ones we discuss here can be found at
- External battery chargers
- Trent (the one that I had) $76 at amazon at http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP120D-Thunderbolt-Blackberry/dp/B003ZBZ64Q/ref=pd_ybh_1
- Other manufacturers include Mophie, Anker, Powergen
- Solar external battery charger manufacturers include
- ReVIVE, as cheap as $27 at http://www.amazon.com/External-Universal-Charging-E-readers-Smartphones/dp/B004GVIZC4/
- “Hand Crank” external battery chargers
- K-TOR Pocket Socket Hand Crank Generator for $59 http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Socket-Generator-Portable-Supply/dp/B00658Z3UI
- American Red Cross FRX3 Hand Turbine Radio with Smartphone Charger for $60 http://www.amazon.com/American-Turbine-Weather-Smartphone-Charger/dp/B007KFLVTM/
- I do NOT work for LinkedIn Corporation, and am not affiliated with LinkedIn Corporation in any way.
- LinkedIn is not spelled Linked In
|For monthly Social Media tips|
My Social Media keynote demo video: